Parent Education & Skill Development
There are no perfect parents, perfect children or perfect people. We can only do our best, and we all need help once in a while.
- Meet with other parents of young children
- Share questions or concerns and ideas about being a parent
- Learn about child development, safety, health and behaviour
- Talk about real-life parenting experiences
- Work together with the support of a trained facilitator
- Discover ways of positive parenting
Call our office at 604.278.4336 extension 105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to our program interest list
Make the Connection
Topics Covered Include:
- helping your baby feel close to you
- helping your baby feel good about themselves
- helping your baby understand and talk
- saying no to baby with love
- being the best parent you can be
- helping baby discover their world
The Program also Provides:
- an opportunity for parents/caregivers to connect
- songs and rhymes for parents/caregivers to share with baby
- hands-on parent/caregiver and baby activities
- personalized video feedback
- fridge magnets based on program themes
- a certificate of participation
Call 604-278-4336 extension 105 or email email@example.com
For parents with children 0–8 months old. Pre registration required. A 6 week program designed to help new parents connect with their child and their peers while learning what to expect during the first year of baby’s life. Call or email Hydi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-836-4336 extension 105.
Parent Connections - Peer Support Training Program
The Parent Connections program is comprised of a 9-week training program, program practicums and ongoing opportunities to participate as a peer mentor at Richmond Family Place.
The 9-week training takes place once a year. Topics covered include family resource program practices, communication skills, volunteering, early childhood development and multiculturalism and diversity. The training is a pre-requisite to practicums and becoming a peer mentor.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
“We have connected with, and felt a part of, the Richmond community”
“Being here has taught us not to judge others”
“Programs helped us with our parenting skills and to grow as individuals”
“We have been able to learn from other parents”