Make a Donation
- Richmond Family Place membership for a family in need $25
- Arts & Craft Pack $10/month (Construction paper, Paint, Coloured Markers, Assorted crafts accessories (google eyes, popsicle sticks, stickers etc.), Glue sticks)
- Literacy Pack $30/month (Board books, Picture books, Big books (for circle time), Puppets, Felt stories)
- Outdoor Pack $75 (Balls, Water toys, Sand toys, Ride on toys, Gardening tools)
- Playroom Pack $150 (Wooden puzzles, Dress up clothes, Dolls, Infant toys, Construction toys (blocks etc.))
- Food Costs for 1 x Dinner Program for 1 month $260
- Parent Child Mother Goose Program, 9 weeks $1,800
- 1 x Play & Learn Program for 1 year $11,300
All participants are required to become members so we can continue to provide low cost or free programs for all families.
Annual membership cost is $25.00 or pay-what-you-can and runs April to April. Membership has many privileges:
- Discount on birthday parties
- Participation in special Richmond Family Place events & festivities
The money we receive from membership fees helps us to provide:
- Childminding for parenting workshops
- Low cost or free field trips and special events such as the Santa Breakfast
- Excellent quality toys, books and equipment
- Regular updates on our website
Volunteers serve many roles at Richmond Family Place. They can be found in the Thrift Store serving customers and organizing the shop, in the kitchen prepping and cooking for community meals, in the playroom connecting with the families, in the office providing administrative support, and on our Board of Directors helping to govern and guide the work we do. Our volunteers are diverse not only in their age and cultural background but in the gifts they have to offer.
Ready to jump in and make a difference in your community? Find out more about volunteering at Richmond Family Place on our Volunteering page.
Participate in a Fundraiser
Richmond Family Place runs a number of fundraisers throughout the year. Past fundraisers have included our Dance-a-Thon, and Walk-a-Thon.
Support our Golf Tournament by playing in the tournament, attending the dinner, sponsoring a hole, or providing a silent auction item.
Information about the annual Community in Motion fundraiser can be found on the Special Events page in the summer months.
Follow us on social media to find out about our other fundraisers.
UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS, THE THRIFT STORE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
The volunteer-run thrift store provides clothing, free of charge, to families staying at Nova House transition home and to others needing help through our partner agencies. The rest of the community can purchase items at very low prices.
UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO COVID-19 WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ABLE TO ACCEPT BIRTHDAY PARTY BOOKINGS
Richmond Family Place can be rented on a variety of days and times (including evenings and weekends).
We offer Birthday Parties on Friday evenings and all day on Sundays.
Offer In-Kind Donations
We are always looking for these kinds of donation.
- Arts and crafts materials
- Paper products (eg. paper towel, napkins, printer paper etc)
- Food – perishable and non-perishable (we are not able to take packages of food where the food has been exposed to the air)
- Wooden toys
- Educational Books
If you are able to provide them or can sponsor one of our events etc. please call 604-278-4336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Family Place provided a place to come when life is hard.”
“[Family Place] is the place I live in a real family atmosphere when I was missing my own family. I learned how to raise a child and made relationships with other mothers.”
My frined told me that it was a beautiful program and that I would not feel like I was in a strange country. All the staff welcomed me and there was food. We sat and ate with other families”
“Every time I feel distressed, alienated and miss my family, I go there. They give me love and attention and time.”