Parent Education & Skill Development
- Meet with other parents of young children
- Share questions or concerns and ideas about being a parent
- Learn about child development, safety, health and behaviour
- Talk about real-life parenting experiences
- Work together with the support of a trained facilitator
- Discover ways of positive parenting
Call our office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to our program interest list
Make the Connection
- helping your baby feel close to you
- helping your baby feel good about themselves
- helping your baby understand and talk
- saying no to baby with love
- being the best parent you can be
- helping baby discover their world
The Program also Provides:
- an opportunity for parents/caregivers to connect
- songs and rhymes for parents/caregivers to share with baby
- hands-on parent/caregiver and baby activities
- personalized video feedback
- fridge magnets based on program themes
- a certificate of participation
Call or email Hydi at email@example.com or 604-833-5012.
Parent Connections - Peer Support Training Program
The Parent Connections program is comprised of an 8-week training program, program practicums and ongoing opportunities to participate as a peer mentor at Richmond Family Place.
The 8-week training takes place once a year in the early spring (March – June). Topics covered include family resource program practices, communication skills, volunteering, early childhood development and multiculturalism and diversity. The training is a pre-requisite to practicums and becoming a peer mentor.
To join us for an information session or to register contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events › Parenting Programs
Events Search and Views Navigation
“We have connected with, and felt a part of, the Richmond community”
“Being here has taught us not to judge others”
“Programs helped us with our parenting skills and to grow as individuals”
“We have been able to learn from other parents”