Birthday Party Rentals
Unfortunately due to Covid restrictions, we are unable to accept birthday party bookings at this time.
- A birthday party facilitator will be available and on-site during the entire party.
- The birthday party facilitator will lead the party and provide age appropriate activities including arts & crafts, games, sing-song and circle time.
- You will also have access to the outdoor areas and outdoor toys (weather permitting), BBQ (seasonal), living room, kitchen and dining room.
- Parents are to bring their own food, decorations, lootbags and any other items they wish to use or have during the party. We have a fully stocked kitchen with all utensils, serving pieces, plates, cups etc. It is recommended that you bring paper plates and cutlery to make clean up easier.
- You are welcome to bring in your own entertainment. The cost of the party will remain the same.
- Limit of 15 children for party attendance – please inquire if you are having more than 15 children. If you are having other guests at the party (ie: parents), the total number should not exceed 55 guests.
- You will be required to assist the facilitator with clean up once the party is completed. The areas that you have used should be left the way that they were found. Your co-operation is greatly appreciated!
Complete the booking process online by clicking the button below.
Yes, the fees are based on a sliding scale. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Can I use the fridge/freezer/oven
Yes, please treat it as your own for the rental period.
Can I bring outside entertainment?
Yes, outside entertainers are permitted. As a courtesy, please let the party coordinator know if you are planning to bring in an outside entertainer. We will try our best to meet any facilities the entertainer may require eg. table, power supply.
Can I bring decorations?
Parents are welcome to use the 30-minute set-up time to decorate room, just remember to take them home with you.
Is sidewalk chalk allowed in the backyard?
Yes, sidewalk chalk is just fine!
What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept all methods of payment.
Is smoking allowed?
Richmond Family Place is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is not allowed anywhere on Richmond Family Place premises – either indoors or outdoors.
Is Richmond Family Place wheelchair accessible?
Yes, Richmond Family Place is a handicapped accessible building.
Can alcohol be consumed by adults at the party?
Consumption of alcohol is permitted but please remember that you are responsible for the removal of any liquor bottles and cans, as well as the behaviour of your party guests.
Can I bring a Pinata to use at the party?
Yes, you would just be responsible for finding a suitable to place for hanging the pinata and ensuring the safety of your guests!
Terms & Conditions
- A three-hour party booking will include: 30 minutes to set up, 2 hours for the party, 30 minutes to clean up. Renter must adhere to the party rental time. Please arrive on time and leave at the time agreed upon.
- Richmond Family Place is a non-smoking building.
- Children must be supervised at all times
- The number of guests in the playrooms must not exceed 55.
Richmond Family Place shall not be responsible for any injury, loss or damage that may occur to the renter and their parties. The renter agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Richmond Family Place for any loss or damage that may arise out of premise in this contract.
A deposit of $50 is required to hold your reservation. The remainder must be paid at least one week before the party. The $50 deposit will be available for collection 3 days after the party as long as there were no breakages, additional cleaning costs or extra staffing costs for a time overrun. If a deposit cheque has not been collected within 30 days it will be destroyed.
There is a $25 cancellation fee for parties that cancel 3 days prior to party date. The remainder of the fee will be refunded.
Please treat Richmond Family Place with the same care and respect as you would your own home. You are responsible for your guests and any damages that may occur during your rental period.
Thank you for your cooperation!
What Parents Say
“Richmond Family Place is one of the best places to have a child’s birthday party in Greater Vancouver… you can get a 2-hr party with full access to their 2 playrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, and 2 outdoor play areas. We saved a lot on decoration costs … They also have a maximum capacity of 80-90 people, which is really high compared to community centres that offer playrooms. Definitely the best bang for the buck, based on my experience.”
“I remember when we celebrated my daughters birthday at family place. It was a beautiful day for me and my family. All the staff provided us with a beautiful atmosphere.”
“I’ve enjoyed the halloween parties, birthday celebrations and singing and dacning wiht the kids. I’ve enjoyed the positivity this group has brought to my familie’s life.”
“The one thing I like the most about this place is when I see the children having a great time with their families and friends. It warms my heart and makes me smile every time.”